Monday, May 17, 2010

Camping Season Has Begun

We adventured out on our first camping trip of the season. Things are a little different this year so we were excited to go. First of all, I'm 7 months pregnant, we have an active 2 year old and we have upgraded to Mom and Dad's old camper. What a sigh of relief a camper brings. I was never a huge fan of camping in a tent so it's easier to get me to go camping when you mention the word camper. We headed to the Eau Plaine Flowage with Grammy and Boompa, 2 sets of Kevin's aunts and uncles, Kevin's cousin and one of my cousin's and her family. It was really windy and cold on Friday, but by 6:00 that night the wind had died down and it turned into a beautiful night. Before that we were playing in the sand on the beach in our winter jackets. The rest of the weekend turned out to be perfect. There were a lot of helpers there so Keltie got a lot of one on one time with everyone. I learned that I'm not going to be near as active camping as I normally am. We went for a bike ride and I can imagine what I looked like trying to pedal around my tummy. Usually when you go camping you get to be "lazy", I have the ultimate excuse to be lazy now. :) Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. We can't wait to do it again. (Although if you ask Keltie if she had fun she says yes. If you ask her if she wants to go again she says no.)
"Cheese Mama!"
Such a big girl playing by herself.
"Grammy, do you want to try some of my cake?"
"I'm playing with Daddy now. No time for pictures."

2 comments:

Auntie Carol said...

First camping trip of the season....wonderful. Absence of bugs...amazing. Spending time with those near and dear to your heart...priceless!! Thanks for the memories.

Grammy said...

Keltie, no one can bake a "pretend" cake quite like you! Grammy sure had fun and wants to go again!