Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3 1/2 Going on 20

On October 10th, Keltie will be 3 1/2 years old. Wow, I can't believe that. She has grown up way too fast. When I wake her up in the morning I just snuggle with her for a few minutes and think how much I am enjoying this age. She is so much fun right now. She is coming up with new ideas and thoughts everyday. It's truly amazing just watching her grow and change. Along with this, I know that next year I'll be waking her up to go to school. Crazy! For now though, I'll just enjoy all the things that she is doing.
She loves to explore new things. She is constantly reading books. I love listening to her because she reads with the same intonation that I use when I read to her. Future teacher?


She loves to sing and dance. I don't know what she is always saying, but she is having fun doing it. When we get to the sitter's house, if her song isn't finished, we have to sit in the van until it is. A lot of times we just sing and shake our booties waiting for it to finish.


Keltie loves her sister, although she doesn't at times show it in the right way. I think that they will love to play with each other as they get older.


She loves to be outside, especially when she can be Daddy's helper. Her and Daddy are great buds. Anything outside is done with Daddy and reading, singing, playing inside is when she's a Mommy's girl.

She loves anything related to school. She is cutting, coloring, writing letters, telling shapes and colors. I hope that this love for learning continues.

Just a little story to share...the other night we were driving in the van and she saw the moon. Her and Grammy and Boompa have always had this special connection with the moon. Well, it's currently only a half moon so she looked at it and said that part of it was missing. Kevin went on to explain that it wasn't actually missing. After his explanation, she went, "I wonder where it went. Maybe it fell into the water and disappeared." You have to love the thinking behind that. Love you so much Keltie!

1 comment:

Grammy and Boompa said...

Those "I saw the moon" calls from Keltie are some of the best. We still have a recorded one on our answering machine. I have to admit though, we've never heard, "I see half the moon!" Love you girls so much!