Monday, October 18, 2010

Kiinsley's Baptism

On Sunday, we had Kinsley's baptism. It was a beautiful day to honor our little girl. Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us. Special thanks as well to my mom for making all the food. It was delicious. Also, thank you to Kinsley's godparents, Joann, John and Carol. We are truly honored.

Listening to Father .

Making the Sign of the Cross on Kinsley's forehead.

You can kind of tell that Kinsley is trying to tell where the sound is coming from.


Giving Kinsley a blessing.

Pouring the water over her head. Before Father began he explained that if she cried, she would be called to be a nun. I made some comment about it and he told me that I must not be excited about the thought of that. Thankfully she didn't cry.

I know this is small, but it's a shot of all the little ones as well.

Announcing Kinsley as a new member of the Church family.


Just as a side note, I know that Kinsley has a lot of hair, but as Father was placing the oil on her forehead, he kept talking. As he was doing this, he kep rubbing more and more into her hair. By the time he was finished, it stood straight up. Needless to say, he thought that it had a good smell to it, but we didn't. I've washed her hair two times and it still smells.

1 comment:

Auntie Carol said...

What a wonderful day and many special memories!!