Monday, March 15, 2010

Basement Update

I haven't updated the progress of drywalling our basement in a long time so I figured I better do that. Kevin and Dad have finished hanging the majority of the drywall throughout the basement. Now the fun part of mudding, sanding and painting begins. Kevin started taping Keltie's new bedroom off and has the first coat of mud on her closet. This is such a long and tedious project and one that I'm not very good at so I don't get to help with it. It's exciting that we are getting closer to finishing Keltie's new room. She loves to go down in the basement and check things out. Really, I think she likes it down there because she can get dirty. When we tell her to come to her new bedroom she will go to it. She used to point to the other bedroom and say "Mine", but I think she's finally understanding. These are some pictures of her "helping" Daddy.

"Smile for the camera."
Daddy told her that she could stand on the ladder with help from him.
"Look Mama, no hands."
This is Keltie's attempt at a picture taking again. Of course she had to zoom in on the beer cans that are in the basement. Always have to have a few of them when working.
Kevin told her that she could help mud the closet so here they are practicing.

3 comments:

Grammy and Boompa said...

Unfortunately dad said mudding is totally up to Kevin. He hasn't quite mastered that art either. Must run in the family. We'll be there when it's time to paint and finish things though.

Lynn said...

Looks fantastic! I was just thinking about your basement the other day when I was painting our spare room. If you need a painter - call me! If I could have any job it would be a painter, with the white van with latters and the overalls with paint splattered all over them. Really you call if you need a painter!

Lynn said...

Except I'm not a beer drinker... so I'll bring my beer drinkin husband and he can drink with Kevin! :)