Friday, September 11, 2009

Timeout

Yesterday I wrote about how Keltie is becoming such a big girl and can do so many new things each day. Well, I guess that now includes being put in a timeout. I went outside last night to get our laundry and Kevin tells me to come in the other door when I come in. I didn't know what was going on until I got inside. Then I realized that he had put Keltie in a timeout. She was throwing her shoes when I went outside and Kevin warned her about not doing it again a couple of times. After the third time, that was the last straw.

He put her in a timeout for a minute and she went back and threw the shoes again. So another timeout. Same result. Another timeout. The same result. Another timeout. Amazingly after this one she changed her mind and found something else to do. The first two she cried during. The second two she sat pretty still and finally realized that Daddy was serious.

Kevin was really cute though and sounded just like the Super Nanny. It seems like she's so young to be doing this with, but the doctor told us that she needs to learn her boundaries. Hopefully, that's the end of it for awhile.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

hahaha! Super Nanny! I love it! Time outs are going to be hard for me - just ask Shannon and Adam, Can Lynn yell without laughing? I could be so frustrated and mad at them and yell and turn around and giggle. Ugh. I better practice that! Although for some reason I don't have any problem yelling at the dog. hmmm...