Monday, February 2, 2009

Good News!

I got to thinking this weekend, there's so much negativity in the world right now, that I often forget about all the good things. Each time you turn on the news, it's something worse than the day before. So I decided before I lost focus of reality, I needed to remind myself of all the good things in my life. Here's what I came up with, in no particular order.

1. I have a loving husband and a darling daughter.

2. Keltie has such a great daddy. I just love watching the two of them interact together.

3. My parents are the most supportive parents anyone could ask for. They have been through so much, but are so strong because of it all. I truly admire them.

4. In less than two weeks I will be finished pumping.

5. We adore Keltie's babysitter. We know she is in great hands when we leave her and that makes it so much easier to walk out the door.

6. Kevin's family has made me feel so welcome and comfortable.

7. Both sets of our parents get along well. They even went on vacation together.

8. I have a job to go to everyday, even if it doesn't pay a lot.

9. Kevin gets to go to work for another week at least.

10. Overall, our families have been blessed with good health.

11. Keltie makes me laugh each day. She is growing into such a cute little lady.

12. My job is very rewarding. It's such a joy to hear all of my kids read independently.

13. Keltie has been eating and sleeping like such a big girl.

14. I LOVE BEING A MAMA!

15. I'm still n touch with many of my friends that I grew up with.

16. The majority of my grandparent are still living.

17. I get the best of both worlds. I get to work, but I also get the summers off.

18. In a few months, it will be time to go camping again.

19. Keltie has learned to sign "milk." Although she does the same sign when she wants "more."

20. I get a day off from work in a week.

21. I remain optimistic that I will get a public school job.

22. At the end of the day, I look forward to coming home to spend time with my family.

23. I don't have any student loans to pay off.

24. No matter how bad one day is, there will always be a new one to try again.

25. God is always watching over me and my family. He knows what I need in my life and I put my trust in Him.

So there you have it, my life in a nutshell. I could have thought of more than 25, but I figure I'll need them for a different time (as I think of these, Kevin tells me there's something wrong with my car. GREAT!!) I remain optimistic that things will get better. Don't let all the bad make you forget all the good that you have.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Jody Hemmer! Did I just hear you say it is almost camping season?!!? I'm in shock! ; )

Love your list. You have many blessings and more to come!!

See you Saturday!!