Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Fun

Kevin has unfortunately been laid off of work this week. (I guess it was probably his turn, but it's still difficult.) Keltie is absolutely loving it and of course so is Kevin. She gets to spend another week at home and not have to go to daycare. Kevin and I are both ready for her to go back to daycare so she can have some sort of routine again. Luckily, it has been nice weather so they have been able to get outside a lot this week. Keltie got a sled for Christmas, but for some reason she does not enjoy riding in it.

Here's her first attempt in it. It reminds me so much of the movie "A Christmas Story" and the quote "I can't put my arms down."

We do have a backpack that we are able to carry her in and she adores this. She is just in awe of everything that she sees when she is in it. Kevin had the snowmobile out the other day and she kept trying to look out the window to see what he was doing. I'm sure she will eventually get her first ride on it. If she's anything like her daddy (which she obviously is, at least in looks), I'm sure she'll love it.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Holy man the sleds are high tech now! What happened to those little thin red ones that we would pull each other around behind the snowmobile out in the woods?!!? It would be way harder for us to roll out of that one and have Shannon drive all the way back without us!! Oh good times and such fun memories! I could go for a spin around the woods in a sled... Wanna go Jody?!!

I'm sorry to hear about Kevin being laid off. Hopefully it won't last long and he'll be back at work!

Anonymous said...

We had the same sled for Jett...they just look so uncomfortable in it. Wait until she is begging for Kevin to drag her around the yard in that sled behind the snowmobile.
Sometimes I wish I could be laid off for a week, but right now I think everyone is just thankful to have jobs.
See you in a couple of weeks for Sarah's shower.