Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A look back in time

January 7, 1996 is a day that will forever be etched in my memory. I still can't believe that it has been this many years since my brother Jason was taken from us. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think of him. Dealing with this loss has become more bearable, but it hasn't become any easier. I know that they say time heals all wounds, but I don't think that it ever can completely heal. I miss all of the good times that we had together. I even miss the true tests of brother/sister love. Looking back, I wonder how things would be different if Jason was still here. I know that I can't turn back the hands of time though so I have to hold tight to all of those memories. I hope that he is smiling down. I know that he is with me in every step of my life and I am so thankful for that. I just wish that Keltie had the opportunity to know her "Uncle Jason." Today my thoughts are with him. Thanks for all of the memories, big brother. I love you and miss you.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face! I will never ever forget that morning either.

So there is this song that comes on the radio every once in a while. It is way old! Anyway we were in the car with Jason one day and he was singing this song. Super funny! I can't think of how it goes right now... but it is a girl and she has a real high pitch voice!

And the time I got stuck with the snowmobile in the ditch trying to go to Leigls and Jason was following me(I think we were headed to the woods and he stopped at our house first) and he had to help me out.

Or the time the Packers were in the Super Bowl and Jason called our house a million times during the game.

Or when Jason would come get Adam to help him get the girls. ; ) Such a funny kid!

Good times... Good memories... Miss him tons over here too!!

Connie said...

Our thoughts and prayers were with you and your mom and dad today. We miss Jason tons and treasure our memories. Even though Adam was only 5 he keeps Jason in his thoughts and has us tell him the stories over and over again. Adam's favorite spot in the world is Jason's trees, it makes him feel close to him. When Keltie is older she will learn all the stories of Jason and I'm sure we'll all tell her how much she looks like him. Those eyes are beautiful. We love you and miss you. Connie, John and Adam.