Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nine Months Old

I can remember back to when I was pregnant and everyone told me to enjoy that time because once the little one arrived, time would go by extremely fast. I never really belived this until I had Keltie. She turned nine months old on Sunday! Where has the time gone? She is growing up before our eyes way too fast. Yesterday we took her to her nine month check up. She now weighs 18 pounds 10 ounces. It's no wonder that she is getting heavy to carry! She is 28.25 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and the 75th percentile for her height. I have always thought that she is going to be tall and skinny like her daddy. The doctor said that she is developing right where she should be. She was such a little ham for him and his assistant. The doctor asked if she could wave bye-bye. Just as Kevin and I are telling him that she waves, but doesn't consistently do it, she is waving like crazy at the doctor. Of course she had to make us look like fools.
Over the nine months it's so amazing how much she has changed. This is a picture of her on her first night at home. (She is the one in the middle, in case you couldn't tell. The other two are her twin cousins born 7 weeks before Keltie)Here she is this morning.

Today she went back to her babysitter's house after having 20 days off. Between my Christmas vacation and our sitter's vacation, Keltie has had a lot of fill in babysitters. We are very thankful that we live very close to both sets of grandparents. They are always happy and willing to fill in when needed. Of course Kevin and I splurged and took a day off as well. Hopefully she enjoys being back with all of her friends. I think that she got too spoiled being at home with all of us.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

9 months did go fast!! Keltie is sure growing out of the baby stage and looking like a toddler!! Too cute she is!!