Monday, June 10, 2013

Is that Summer?

School is over. (Well, actually I started teaching summer school today!) The weather is finally warm. Does that mean that summer is here? Let's hope that it continues this way. I will be away from the world of technology again this summer so I have one final blog to share before this time. Kevin and I have been talking for awhile about putting rocks on the front of our house. We finally did it this weekend. It was a lot of work, but it's done and it looks great. Kevin has been amazing with all of the things that he has done around the house. (All the electrical work, drywalling, sanding, painting, putting up the rocks and so much more). Also, a big thank you to mom and dad for all of their help. I know that it was difficult for them to be helping us work instead of playing with the kids, but we REALLY APPRECIATE IT! I didn't get the final pictures because it was raining, but I think you'll get the idea.

The before picture of one section.

Getting everything set up.
The first row.
Helpers or not? You decide.
Ta da.
We did do the remaining section, just didn't get a picture of it.
The side wall.
Cleaning up after a long day.

This is what Kevin looked like at the end of the day.

 

2 comments:

Grammy and Boompa said...

It was a rewarding day and it went much better than a certain day of hanging drywall. :) Kevin's initiative never ceases to amaze us. Lucky for you I got my grammy fix today. You still owe Boompa big time!

Auntie Carol said...

This looks amazing!! Good job to everyone.