Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences

Last Wendesday was the first time that I got to be on the receiving end of a parent teacher conference. I had no worries about Keltie going in. I was excited to hear about all the progress that she is making since she is sometimes reluctant to share her day with us. Everything I heard was very positive. She knows 49 out of 52 letters. She can recognize the difference between letters and numbers, can identify and name numbers, can write her name, can count to 11, can line items up from shortest to longest and is a good worker. We do have to work on rhyming and putting words together. I came home from her conference and told her all the wonderful things I heard. I also told her the things that we have to work on. One of them is putting words together so I would say "skate board" and then tell her to put those parts together to make the word skateboard. Her response, "you have skate and then you ride on a board." Yeah, not even close. Then there's Kinsley sitting at the table going, "skateboard." There's always something that we can improve on! Keltie, we are so proud of you. Keep up all your hard work! We love you so much.

1 comment:

Grammy and Boompa said...

Keltie we are all so proud of you and love you so much. Keep that up and pretty soon you'll be writing notes to Grammy. Kinsley, no doubt you are learning a lot from your sister also. You amaze me!