Monday, December 7, 2009

Abbotsford Christmas Parade

Ever since Kevin and I started dating, we have made it a tradition to go to the Abbotsford Christmas Parade. Last year was super cold so Keltie and I didn't go. This year we figured since it wasn't that cold out, that the entire family could go. Kevin's dad has been a clown in the parade for many years and last year my dad decided to join him in the fun. I'm not sure Keltie will think that's so cool when she gets older. This year she didn't want anything to do with Boompa when he was in his costume. Even though it's the same thing over and over again, it was still a lot of fun. Hopefully next year, Keltie gets more excited about the characters. Check out those socks. "At least I'll stay warm tonight. At least that's what they say."
h Keltie with her cousins Kylie and Ella. I'm not sure that any of them were real excited to be there, but they sure looked cute.
All snuggled up with Daddy. It took Keltie awhile to like the parade, but when she finally did, she didn't like me standing in her way trying to take her picture.
"Elmo, don't get too close to me."

2 comments:

Grammy and Boompa said...

Only in Wisconsin do you bundle three little children in four layers of clothing, pack them in a wagon, park it in the middle of the street and watch the Christmas parade where the clowns are your own grandpas. It was sure lots of fun!!

Lynn said...

Shannon and I took the kids too! Oh my! By the end we were on the verge of three crying kids! Ellyn's feet were cold. Garrett was mad that Ellyn was sitting on his stroller. Mallory is claustrophbic I think and can't handle all the layers. But we made it to the end... barely. As I was packing Mallory back into her carseat they kept telling me to look at the clown. I turn around and it is your dad. I yelled, Uncle Paul!! And gave him a big hug! What a surprise!

And our crying children didn't stop. Shannon said, Garrett cried all the way to Stetsonville. I had to pull over at McDonalds before I got on 29 because Mally was crying so hard. I had to get her undressed down to her PJs and snuggle a little bit before she calmed down. And then I heard sniffles the whole way home. Maybe next year will be better. ; )