Thursday, March 14, 2013

Chin Up

Those of you who know me really well, know that I am a person that tries to stay very structured. I am constantly making lists and use them as my Bible. I like to be 10 steps ahead of the game and am worried about things that are going to happen 2 weeks from now. Well, this year (pretty much meaning the school year) has turned this belief upside down for me. I have had to learn to be somewhat of a fly by the seat of your pants type of person. This has taken some getting used to, but I think I have been pretty good at it, even if I don't like it.

As I have said before, we have had a lot of issues that are out of our control. This has been a horrible year for our girls getting sick as well as our babysitter being sick. Kevin had surgery on his throat almost two weeks ago. There were two spots that they removed. Good news is that they aren't cancerous. He has been on voice rest since the surgery. That means by the time he goes back to the doctor, he will have been quiet for 2 weeks. Now before you think this is great, stop and really think about what that means, especially with a 2 and 4 year old. It sucks, big time. At times, the frustration level for both of us has been sky high. We will all be so thankful when (and if) he is cleared to start talking again on Monday.

Our babysitter's mother passed away yesterday and since then I have really stopped to reflect on things. Yes, life has thrown us for some loops. Yes, it has caused for a lot of stress. Yes, I have been completely frustrated and exhausted at times. BUT, there is so much for me to be thankful for. Through all of this, the girls have been amazing. We prepared them so that they knew that Daddy wouldn't be able to talk, and they have done great with it. Despite sometimes being frustrated with each other, Kevin and I are both healthy. We have had incredible helpers to get us through our days when we needed a babysitter. To say that we have amazing families is an understatement. We can not thank all of you enough.

I know that I sometimes stress out way too much, and Kevin is always telling me to relax. It's so hard to do this at times, but maybe learning to be a person who takes it one day at a time isn't so bad. At the end of the day, what's most important is my family and friends anyway.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you hurt, we hurt. When you need help, we want to be there. When you celebrate because this is all over, we'll celebrate also. Meanwhile, your family thinks you are pretty incredible also. We love you all so much!

Boompa and Grammy said...

Oops, name didn't come through, obviously not anonymous or we might not be invited for the celebration! :)

Auntie Carol said...

Well said everyone!! Smile and the world smiles with you! (That's deep, I know!!)