Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Everything

Well, today is my first day back at school. Today is Kinsley's first day at daycare by herself. Most importantly, it's Keltie's first day of school. Yes, you heard me correctly, she is starting 4K today. I don't think any amount of preparation can truly prepare you for when your little princess gets on that school bus. She has been so excited about it, but I never new how she would really react when she had to go. Keltie is a little bit shy and apprensive about new situations so I was a little worried. She did wonderful. I was also a little bit worried about Kinsley and how she would react, no problems there either.

Yesterday, I didn't want to spend too much time talking about the changes, but it seemed like all Keltie wanted to talk about was school. The two of them had to put their backpacks on and walk around the room. She even called me Mrs. Bever, who is her teacher. She kept asking me what she should do next. It was pretty cute. She got up this morning ready to go.

I took them to Cathy's and we took more pictures. She had to wait and wait and wait for the bus to come. She told me that all she wanted to do was sit down. I got hugs and kisses out of the way before the bus came. Finally, it arrived and she never looked back. (sigh). Kinsley waved and waved and then told me to go to school. I guess their both excited about their new adventures. (Now if only I could feel that same excitement about school!)

Kinsley all ready to go.
Our big girl.
All dressed and ready.
Our two sweeties.
Koren, Caylee and Keltie. The three of them have been together since day one.
Cathy's whole gang.

 
Yes, there were tears shed by me, but  not until I got in the van and thought about what this means. I can't wait for Kevin to see the tape of them getting on the bus and I'm sure he'll feel the same way.

3 comments:

Grammy and Boompa said...

Love the new look of your blog, but love all those first day of school happy smiles even more. Kinsley, I heard your happiest smile was when your big sister came home from school, and you've got a lot of happy, silly smiles!

Lynn said...

Oh Jody! This only means they grow twice as fast now that they entered school!! Eep! So special! Beautiful girls!!

Shawna said...

Cute girls!!
The first day of school is always harder on the mommies. This is the first year I didn't cry and Josh is in 8th grade! Bet I cry next year when he goes to High School :(