Monday, April 23, 2012

Surprise

It was one of those milestone birthday years for my mom. I won't mention which milestone that it was, but I'm sure that a lot of you know already. Dad and I decided that since she always wants to do things for everyone else, it was time for her to be spoiled for once. Thus began our journey to throw her a surprise party. This actually turned out to be a lot easier than I was expecting it to be. Once invitations were out, there was plenty of people who were willing to help out. (A big thanks to all of them again). The hardest part was of course keeping it a secret. I had to call Dad whenever I knew that Mom wasn't going to be home (which isn't very often). The day of the big party came and we got to the town hall to decorate and there were already people there. Great, now what?! My head started spinning thinking about where we could go instead. Luckily, they moved their party so we could have ours. Mom and Dad pulled in after everyone had gathered. Mom saw Kevin and the girls and only then did she know that the party was for her. We had a great time and it was fun to be able to celebrate with everyone. We love you lots!

We were a little bit worried about how to transform the town hall into something nice, but I think we did a good job. Thanks for the help Dave, Rita and Auntie Carol.
They celebrated at school a couple of days before and had a "Fancy Nancy" theme. There were also a lot of pictures hung up with Mom's face put on people's bodies. Cute, but some of them were kind of distrubing. (No offense, but I've never pictured her as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader)
Pulling in.
I think at this time she might have been saying to Dad, "You lied to me."
The girls giving Grammy a mug that says "60 something, ring for another round." Needless to say, I think she had the same wine cooler poured in the mug the entire day.
Vanna White or Grammy?
Kinsley had to help hand out the cake. She even did it without spilling.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a fantasticl night with so many good friends and family under one roof. After the initial shock, I loved being a part of such a warm, friendly group. Turning 39 isn't so bad after all. Just ask Donald Driver! ...And I did have another beer before the night was over...and I believe Kevin was drinking a soda at the time! Love, love, love my family!