Monday, April 26, 2010

"Uppy"

We have been discussing with Keltie that she is going to have a baby brother or sister very soon. When you ask her which one she would like she says no for both of them. The other day driving home I was asking her which name she liked better, the one we had chosen for a boy or the one we had chosen for a girl. Of course she said no to both of them. I asked her if she wanted any baby and she said no. I then asked her if she wanted us to give the baby back and she said, "Yes!" I tried to explain to her that this wasn't possible, but I don't know if she understood or not.

Well, Saturday night we were over at Kevin's aunt and uncle's house. His aunt was asking Keltie which she wanted. She was in her usual mood and said no to both choices. She then asked Keltie if she would like a puppy. Keltie said yes to this. So every time we kept asking her if Mama should have a boy or a girl she said "Mama baby uppy." I think she's going to have a rude awakening when she sees a baby instead of an "uppy." I'm sure she'll make a wonderful sister to a boy, girl or an uppy.

7 comments:

Grammy and Boompa said...

That darn Auntie Carol. The things she teaches Keltie!:) Maybe you should just get her a baby puppy!

Lynn said...

Oh Jody! I have the perfect uppy for Keltie! She's real sweet! She doesn't bark... a whole lot! She doesn't jump... too much! She's not too much into licking! She loves kids! She's black and she goes by the name of Maggie! Enjoy! When should I drop her off? hahahahhahahaa!!

Jody said...

Thanks for the offer Lynn, but I think we'll pass. I have read your Maggie stories. :)

Lynn said...

hahhaha! Oh Jody! I had to try! : ) I think Mallory would be sad if she didn't get to see the puppy every time she went outside. Everytime we open the door she is just a looking and saying "up". When she sees Maggie she squeals and jumps! Oh my! I just looked at your counter... 77 days to go!!!! Jody!! That is too exciting! You be sure to let me know if you need anything I'm only 20 minutes away! I can bring you a meal one night too!

Jody said...

Only one night?!! Just kidding.

Auntie Carol said...

An Auntie's work is never done.....

Lynn said...

hahaha! Okay, you twisted my arm. I can bring more! However, there will be a catch... you have to try something new! Hahaha! You will be sending Kevin to McDonalds after leave! ; )